Monday 10 May 2010

Writers Festival has it all








Sean Doran, Alice Nelson and Robert Drewe in conversation

Alice Nelson, author of The Last Sky, was a guest at the recent Margaret River Writers Festival. She tells us why she can't wait to go back:

"A literary gathering with all the charm and intimacy of a country festival and the big names of a glittering urban word-fest – the Margaret River Writers Festival had it all. I had a ball chatting with writers, readers, bloggers and rap poets (as well as sampling culinary and alcoholic delights of the region!). The highlight for me was my ‘In Conversation’ event with one of my literary heroes, Robert Drewe. Champagne breakfasts and readings, lots of fabulous panels and events, and warm and enthusiastic crowds made the weekend a real celebration of literature and life. I hope they invite me back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment