Friday 22 January 2010

Calling all authors heading to Broome!

A message from Broome:

Good afternoon

Please let me introduce myself my name is Sally Eaton and I am the Deputy Manager Library Services here in Broome WA.

As part of our service to our community we regularly hold monthly author evenings on a Wednesday evening - usually the 3rd Wednesday in the month.

The format follows this pattern wine, nibbles and mingling 6.30-7.00pmauthor talk 7.00-8.00pm

We have in the past had both local and visiting authors speak and the evenings have always been successful and well attended especially during the toursit season May to October. In 2009 we hosted David Hutchison, John and Verity Norman, Marlish Gliori and Miriam Mliller as well as launching the Nikyana stories.

I am writing to let you know about this opportunity for authors to speak at these events in the hope you may have some of your authors travelling up this way during the year.

We work closely with the local Kimberley Book Shop and copies of the authors works can be purchased on the night, provided I have adequate notice of the visit.

So I am hoping that this information could be passed onto either your promotions team or the authors who may be visiting Broome this year.

If this email has gone to the wrong person I apologise and would be grateful if it could be forwarded on to the correct person.

I look forward to hearing from you to discuss the possible opportunites that this may present.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Sally Eaton
Deputy Manager Library Services
Shire of Broome
PO Box 44 Broome WA
672508 9191 3456 - Reception
08 9191 3471 - Direct Line
08 9191 3476 - Fax
Email: Sally.eaton@broome.wa.gov.au
Web: http://www.blogger.com/www.broome.wa.gov.au

No comments:

Post a Comment